To vacate please follow the following procedures:
- You will need to deliver your keys to our office by the date you provide to us as your final day of possession. To avoid incurring more rent, it is necessary to give full possession to A & D Property Management. Please be prepared to supply your new address & telephone numbers along with your keys. We will remit a security deposit transmittal no later than 3 weeks (21 days) after we have regained possession of the premises.
- You will be receiving a "Notice of Resident Option to Request Initial Inspection of the Rental Unit" letter from our office. This is a notice to inform you of legal right to request an initial inspection of your unit. We are legally required to send this form to you but this inspection is NOT a requirement of ours. Also, appointments for these inspections will be booked no earlier than two weeks before termination of the tenancy. This inspection will not be a final accounting of deductions from the security deposit. We do not schedule these appointments on Saturday, Sunday or Holidays.
Prior to moving into your unit we had all of the general maintenance work done, the unit was professionally cleaned and then carpets (if applicable) were cleaned. In our experience we have found this to be the most efficient way to handle the move in/move out time of a rental property. While we cannot require that you use a professional house cleaner, there is no guarantee to you that our final inspection will not find more to be done after you have done the cleaning yourself.
After many trial and errors we have come up with an option for you to easily navigate this stressful time if you choose to take our suggestion.
If you get an estimate for housecleaning and/or carpet cleaning from an A & D Property Management approved vendor (we will supply you with name and phone numbers) we will accept their recommendations. Then after you have moved out we will make the appointments for the work to be done.
IF YOU DECIDE TO HIRE OUR PREFERRED VENDORS LET US SCHEDULE THEM.
For housecleaning we prefer: Peninsula Apartment Cleaning @ 422-9485
For Carpet Cleaning : Barry's Carpet Cleaning @ 644-0707
If however, you decide to do the work yourself these are our requirements:
- Have the property clean throughout the interior and exterior.
- This includes, but is not limited to, vinyl or tile floors, windows inside and out where possible. Windowsills & door casings, blinds, wiping
out drawers & shelves appliances, sinks, toilets, bathtubs, showers, vanities, light fixtures, fireplaces, removal of cobwebs inside & out.
- A dirty property is not normal wear and tear.
- Prior to you moving into your unit the carpet was professionally cleaned. We require the same upon your move out. Our policy is the same for carpet cleaning as house cleaning. We would prefer to schedule the carpet cleaning after general maintenance is done. We would schedule that for you and accept any A & D Property Management vendor that we recommend to you. Again, they can give you an estimate for carpet cleaning and we will make appointments after you have moved out and our maintenance work is done. You are free to use any professional carpet cleaning company of your choice but in the past we have had the misfortune of having to hire one of our vendors who do work to our standards repeat a cleaning.
Unfortunately this would be charged to the tenant. DO NOT rent machines from a store, use home cleaning machines, or employ chemical cleaning only professional steam cleaning is accepted. If you wish, please call A & D Property Management for a recommendation for an accepted carpet cleaner, who charges competitive rates. If you hire another carpet cleaner you must provide us with a receipt upon move out. If you have had pets and/or soiled carpets you should have the carpet cleaners address these special issues.
Any outside areas are to be neatly mowed, trimmed, pruned, fertilized, & watered if you have been responsible for the landscaping. All
tenants are responsible for removing all trash, debris, & grease. Pick up and remove any animal droppings.
If you have trash that exceeds the normal pickup, you are to arrange and pay for hauling. Excess garbage created regarding your move out
is not acceptable and if we find this has happened you will be charged for the additional clean up and hauling Place all normal usage trash in the proper trash receptacles.
We request that you do not putty, spacial, or touch up paint unless you can guarantee the paint will match.
If you paint and it does not match, any necessary painting charge will be your responsibility.
Painting charges depend on the length of time in the property, and if required painting exceeds normal wear and tear.
Again, we want to thank you for your timely notice and we are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding these procedures.